Home Delivered Meals Driver-Client Relationship Specialist
PROGRAM ADDRESS: 1375 Fairfax Avenue, San Francisco CA 94124
POSITION SUMMARY: Delivers meals and conducts a brief welfare check of our clients throughout the city of San Francisco.
ABOUT MOWSF: MOWSF is committed to the belief that all seniors have the right to live independently with dignity and respect in their own homes for as long as safely possible. It is our mission to provide isolated homebound seniors in San Francisco with nutritious meals, daily human contact, and supportive services to prevent their premature institutionalization.
JOB REQUIREMENTS: Valid California Driver License and good driving record. The Driver/Client Relationship Specialist must demonstrate an ability to work with a diverse client population including low income, disabled and mentally ill clients. Driver must be able to lift up to 50lbs. Please read the physical requirements carefully!
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Under the supervision of Home Delivered Meals Operations Manager, and in accordance with the provisions of MOWSF’s Employee Handbook, the HDM Client Relationship Specialist is responsible for:
• Delivering meals throughout San Francisco to homebound seniors on the Meals on Wheels program, and Young Adults with Disabilities
• Develop relationships with the clients. The relationships and daily contact with the clients is the key to providing a meaningful daily welfare check. Over time the Client Relationship Specialist should be able to assess changes with clients’ conditions and abilities to care for them-selves and possess the ability to recognize loneliness and isolation.
• Observing and reporting client changes regarding well-being to the appropriate Social Worker assigned to client’s route.
• Making sure that the correct number of meals is picked up from the kitchen and that the correct type of meal and diet is delivered to each client.
• Loading racks and bags of meals into vehicles for delivery.
• Obeying all traffic laws and maintaining a good DMV record while driving for Meals On Wheels of San Francisco.
• Representing the agency with our clients and with the community at large in a courteous and respectful manner
• Completing appropriate paperwork during and after delivery of meals.
• Collecting client contributions and making out receipts for any cash or checks received.
• Distributing MOWSF information to the clients.
• Maintaining the cleanliness of vehicles.
• Inspecting vehicles daily to ensure optimal operating standards.
SUPERVISION: Reports to Home Delivered Meals Driver Manager
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The Driver/Client Relationship Specialist must be capable of performing the following physical job requirements. Proof of ability will be shown by completing a documented physical checkup prior to hire.
DRIVING: Up to 7 hours a day in city traffic
SITTING: Up to 7 hours daily
LIFTING: Up to 50lbs
LOADING: Loading of the vehicles requires the ability to lift 45 lbs. up to 20 times in a 15 minute period
PUSHING: Occasionally up to 50lbs
PULLING: Occasionally up to 50lbs
CLIMBING: Many deliveries will require climbing stairs to the front door or between floors which may include climbing and descending as many as 80 flights of stairs per day while carrying 25 lbs. with each arm.
WALKING: HDM Client Relationship Specialist delivers to as many as 150 clients daily. This means that drivers will need to be able to comfortably get out and in the vehicle for each client, carry the meals to the door of the client repeatedly throughout the day
SALARY & BENEFITS:
This is full time non-exempt position based on a 40-hour week. Starting rate is $16.55 per hour. This position includes excellent benefits.
Apply For This Job