19th Annual March for Meals
On March 22, 1972, President Richard Nixon signed into law a measure that amended the Older Americans Act of 1965 and established a national nutrition program for seniors 60 years and older. For nearly 50 years, these critical programs – commonly referred to as Meals on Wheels – have delivered more than just nutritious meals to homebound seniors in virtually every community across the country. While our 2021 March for Meals activities might not look like they always have, it’s more important than ever to celebrate the power and importance of Meals on Wheels amid this unprecedented time in our nation’s history.
San Francisco’s most exciting food and wine event of the year is Meals on Wheels San Francisco’s Annual Star Chefs & Vintners Gala. Northern California’s most illustrious chefs come together for this one-night-only epicurean extravaganza, which features an hors d’oeuvre and wine reception, a sit-down, three-course dinner, and a lavish dessert reception. Benefits of Gala sponsorship include on-site, print, online, and media recognition; tickets and invitations; and more. Please contact David Miranda, Director of Events & Corporate Relations, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (415) 343-1280 for more information about Gala sponsorship opportunities.
- Epicure tables, which seat six, are donated by top-rated restaurants in Northern California.
- Epicure restaurant tables are paired with individuals or corporations that make a contribution of $3,000 to Meals on Wheels San Francisco.
- Epicure tables include a specially prepared chef’s tasting menu, wine pairings, gratuity and special attention from the restaurant.
- Epicure tables may be enjoyed most weekday evenings from February through August 2019. (Availability may vary according to individual restaurant policies.)
Leadership Table for Ten — $8,000
Epicure Table for Six — $3,000
25 Lusk, Alexander's Steakhouse, Aster, Cala, Chez Panisse, Delfina, Farallon, Frances, La Toque, Lord Stanley, Monsieur Benjamin, The Morris, Mourad, Nico, Octavia, One Market Restaurant, Parallel 37, Perbacco Ristorante, Piperade, Rich Table, Slanted Door, Sorrel, SPQR, Spruce, Trace, Waterbar
Official Epicure wine sponsor:
How are donors paired with restaurants?
Are you interested in hosting an event for MOWSF?
Support for Sponsored Events
- Marketing Support. We can provide MOWSF’s name, logo, mission statement, and other organizational information for promotional purposes. Depending on the timing, availability, and scope of your event, we may be able to provide on-site event signage and event collateral materials, and we may be able to publicize your event through our regular e-newsletters (8,000 + circulation), website and social media promotion, and/or special invitations.
- Volunteers. MOWSF has a robust volunteer database and may be able to provide volunteers to help staff your event. Examples of volunteer services include coat check attendant, registration staff, setup, and catering support. (For more information, see Event Volunteering.)
- Acknowledgment. We do our best to provide enthusiastic acknowledgment of our sponsors and contributors. This may include the website, annual report, and/or other print or online recognition of your generous support.
Special Event Guideline