About Meals on Wheels San Francisco
PROVIDING MUCH MORE THAN A MEAL
Delivering independence to seniors across San Francisco.
“Meals on Wheels has given me a mode of freedom that I wouldn’t have otherwise.” – Maurice, MOWSF client
WE FIGHT MALNUTRITION AND LONELINESS
We serve more than 1.6 million meals each year.
- 64% of the seniors we serve live alone.
- 20% of them have no other sources of food than the two meals MOWSF provides per day.
- Meals are prepared in our kitchen in the Bayview neighborhood.
- You’ve probably seen our trucks around the City! Our staff drivers deliver meals and safety checks to 3,500 seniors and adults with disabilities in neighborhoods across San Francisco.
Nourishing the Whole Person
We do more than deliver meals.
- Our drivers not only deliver food, but provide important safety checks.
- Our registered dietitians provide more than 1,900 hours of nutrition counseling each year.
- Our team of social workers conducts more than 3,049 visits a year.
- Our volunteer department coordinates programs that provide clients with compassion and support. Volunteers are matched with seniors to offer companionship or to help with tasks such as grocery shopping, computer instruction, home cleaning, small repairs and more.
AM I ELIGIBLE FOR MEALS ON WHEELS SAN FRANCISCO?
Our services are geared primarily toward serving meals to low-income seniors. To be eligible for our services, you must be:
- 60 years of age or older
- Living in San Francisco
- Additional factors contributing to eligibility may include:
- Being homebound or needing help leaving your home
- Unable to prepare meals or shop for yourself
- Recent hospital stay or ongoing health problems
- Primarily living alone or with a caregiver
If you live outside San Francisco, please click HERE to search for your local Meals on Wheels programs.
WHAT YOU NEED TO GET STARTED
You, a family member, or caregiver can apply for our Home-Delivered Meals program by phone by contacting the San Francisco Department of Aging and Adult Services’ Information, Referral, and Intake Line at 415-355-6700. You can also contact MOWSF at our main line, 415-920-1111.