OUR IMPACT IN THE COMMUNITY
Since 1970, Meals on Wheels San Francisco continues to provide a network of services that allows thousands of seniors to live in their homes with dignity and independence as long as possible.
When we provide nutritious meals and daily safety checks for homebound seniors, we reduce risks associated with loneliness, depression, and falls. We are the ONLY ORGANIZATION in San Francisco that offers TWO HOME-DELIVERED MEALS a day, 7 DAYS a week, that are nutritionally-tailored to meet the dietary needs of seniors.
Additionally, we provide:
- Home-Delivered Meals
- Home-Delivered Groceries
- Nutrition Counseling Services
- Well-being and Safety Checks
- Social Work and Case Management — home visits and referrals to critical outside services
- Minor Home Repair, Home Safety and Urgent Needs — ongoing distribution of grab bars, smoke detectors, microwaves, and refrigerators
- Friendly Social Caller and Grocery Shopper Volunteer programs
In 2020 with your support, we were able to: