Internship Opportunities | Join Us
Meals On Wheels of San Francisco (MOWSF) is seeking exceptional candidates to serve as Interns in the Volunteer department this Winter/Spring 2015. Interns have an excellent opportunity to gain exposure to the breadth of non-profit work, and learn from an outstanding and experienced team. The MOWSF Volunteer department has the support of over 3,000 volunteers per year and many partnerships with corporations, organizations and schools who all in varied ways support our mission. This is a great opportunity to work with a well-respected and highly-developed volunteer program and develop skills in volunteer recruitment and management as well as the field of community engagement. We are seeking Interns that will help us expand our volunteer engagement efforts, while meeting even more of the needs of our homebound senior clients.
- Winter/Spring 2015
- Must be able to work 2-3 weekdays in our Bayview neighborhood office.
- Minimum of 16 hours/week total, preferably 24 hours/week for a 3-4 month commitment
- Available occasional evenings/weekends
· Hours can be flexible within normal business hours of 8:30 a.m.—4:30 p.m.
· Up to full-time hours are available
- Client Outreach/Communications to offer services and coordinate events
- Manage new Volunteer Applications for client program volunteers, including checking volunteer references
- Manage task scheduling and safety items pick-ups for Home Safety program volunteers
- Help support companionship volunteer programs with various tasks
- Help manage the pilot “Spring Cleaning All Year Round” program, scheduling clients and volunteers for home cleaning, organizing or safety projects for homebound seniors
- Manage inventory of home cleaning products, make purchases when necessary and keep supply storage unit orderly and stocked
- Manage volunteer and client evaluations
- Help with data entry, volunteer hours collection and other related tasks
- Support Volunteer Engagement Intern when necessary on projects. Other duties as requested by Manager of Volunteer Programs
- Bachelors Degree or current/part-time students.
- Experience/strength/interest in one or some of the following: Project Management, Gerontology, Non Profit Leadership/Management, Volunteerism, Social Work, Social Services, Volunteer Management and Data Management
- That you care about our mission statement
- The ability to lift 35 lbs
- Learning from and collaborating with one of the best non-profit Volunteer Departments in San Francisco
- Networking and exposure to non-profit professional work
- Being part of a positive, mission-oriented agency doing life-changing work on behalf of isolated seniors in the city.
- College credit/fulfilling college requirements
- If duties are fulfilled, a great letter of recommendation/reference
- Reports to the Manager of Volunteer Programs and Volunteer Director
• Submit resume to email@example.com
• To learn more about our agency, visit our website at: www.mowsf.org
• Meals On Wheels of San Francisco is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, ethnic background, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, national origin or disabilities.