POSITION / TITLE: Social Worker - Temporary
RESPONSIBLE TO: Social Work Supervisor
PROGRAM ADDRESS: 1375 Fairfax Avenue, San Francisco CA 94124
ABOUT MOWSF: Meals on Wheels San Francisco and its volunteers provide seniors what they need to live independent and dignified lives — nutritious meals, professional social work and a friendly visitor. Our network of drivers, social workers, nutritionists, community partners, volunteers, donors, and advocates are a formidable force against senior neglect and malnutrition. Meals on Wheels San Francisco believes in delivering more than a meal – we are nourishing the whole person
POSITION SUMMARY: Meals on Wheels San Francisco seeks an experienced Social Worker to join our team of eleven dedicated social workers who work with over 2,700 homebound seniors who receive our meal service. This position is a minimum three-month assignment, and, based on job performance and agency need, may lead to a regular full-time position.
- Conduct in-home assessments with homebound seniors throughout San Francisco and make referrals to appropriate community resources
- Establish and maintain appropriate records, prepare reports and other correspondence
- Work closely with the home delivered meal managers and drivers to monitor clients’ eligibility and safety, resolve delivery issues, and address any concerns or needs
- Provide limited case management to seniors in need of critical support
- A Master’s or Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work or Gerontology
- May consider a degree in a related social service field along with relevant work experience
- Preference given for two years or more of related work experience with seniors
- Bilingual in Russian preferred, other helpful languages Spanish, Cantonese, Mandarin, Tagalog
- Ability to work with a diverse community and work well with others as part of a team
- Valid driver’s license required and a reliable car to conduct home visits throughout SF
- Excellent organization, communication, and written documentation skills
- Computer experience required, including Microsoft Office, some database familiarity and proficiency in typing
SALARY/HOURS/BENEFITS: Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. This is a full-time position with a generous benefits package that currently includes 15 days accrued vacation time, sick leave, 12 paid holidays, employer-paid health care, dental, vision and life insurance and pension plan contributions by employer. Work will include time out of the office each week to conduct home visits.
How to Apply: Online Here
- Interviews will begin immediately and continue until we fill the position.
- Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.