Join Us | Staff Opportunities
Social Worker – Spanish Bilingual
Are you interested in making a difference in the lives of homebound seniors? Meals On Wheels is committed to the belief that all seniors have the right to live independently with dignity and respect in their own homes for as long as is safely possible. We are seeking a Spanish Bilingual Social Worker to join our team of twelve dedicated Social Workers who work with the 2,400 homebound seniors receiving our meal service.
- Conduct in-home assessments with homebound seniors throughout San Francisco and make referrals to appropriate community resources
- Responsible for assessments of Spanish monolingual clients
- Establish and maintain appropriate records, prepare reports and other correspondence
- Work closely with the home delivered meal managers and drivers to monitor clients’ eligibility and safety, resolve delivery issues, and address any concerns or needs
- Provide limited case management to seniors in need of critical support
- Attend relevant community senior and social service meetings as assigned
This is a full time, 40 hour a week position which includes time each week out of the office to conduct home visit assessments.
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Social Work or Gerontology
- May consider a degree in a related social service field along with relevant work experience
- Preference given for two years or more of related work experience with seniors
- Bilingual in Spanish
- Ability to work with a diverse community
- Must be able to work well with others as part of a team
- Excellent organization, communication, written documentation skills
- Computer experience, including Microsoft Office, some database familiarity and proficiency in typing
- Valid California driver’s license, proof of insurance and automobile required
Reports to a Social Work Supervisor.
SALARY & BENEFITS:
Competitive salary, commensurate with qualifications and experience, includes excellent benefits.
Please send a cover letter and resume by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.