POSITION / TITLE: Registered Dietician
RESPONSIBLE TO: Director of Nutrition
PROGRAM ADDRESS: 1375 Fairfax Avenue, San Francisco CA 94124
POSITION SUMMARY: Meals on Wheels San Francisco seeks an experienced Registered Dietitian to work with our home delivered meal clients. The Nutrition Department is led by the Director of Nutrition and consists of a team of two Dietitians. MOWSF will serve over 3,300 homebound clients this year.
ABOUT MOWSF: Meals on Wheels San Francisco and its volunteers provide seniors what they need to live independent and dignified lives — nutritious meals, professional social work and a friendly visitor. Our network of drivers, social workers, nutritionists, community partners, volunteers, donors, and advocates are a formidable force against senior neglect and malnutrition. Meals on Wheels San Francisco believes in delivering more than a meal – we are nourishing the whole person.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conduct nutrition screening, assessment and counseling for home delivered meal clients
- Conduct needs assessment and follow up for clients on modified diets
- Prepare nutrition education materials
- Data entry for client records and statistics including case notes for all client interactions
- Preceptor to dietetic interns and nutrition assistant students
- Work closely with the Home Delivered Meal System Managers and Drivers to resolve client issues.
- Conduct in-service training to drivers
- Monitor safety and sanitation of kitchen
- Perform other nutrition-related duties as assigned
- A Bachelor’s degree in Nutrition/ Dietetics or a related field
- Must have successfully completed requirements for dietetic registration
- 1-2 years’ experience as an RD
- Experience in quantity food production a plus.
- The ability to work in a team environment
- The ability to multi-task and work under pressure in fast paced environment
- Good organization and written documentation skills
- Computer experience required, Microsoft Office and database familiarity
- Bilingual a plus, especially in Spanish, Cantonese, Tagalog, Russian or Mandarin
SALARY / HOURS/BENEFITS: Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. This is a full-time position with a generous benefits package that currently includes 15 days accrued vacation time, sick leave, 12 paid holidays, employer-paid health care, dental, vision and life insurance and pension plan contributions by employer.
How to Apply: Online Here
- Interviews will begin immediately and continue until we fill the position.
- Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.