Join Us | Staff Opportunities
Meals On Wheels of San Francisco (MOWSF) is committed to the belief that all seniors have the right to live independently with dignity and respect in their own homes for as long as it is safely possible. It is our mission to provide isolated homebound seniors in San Francisco with nutritious meals, daily human contact, and supportive services to prevent their premature institutionalization. The food, companionship, safety checks, and other support we provide are vital services for seniors who want to continue living in their own homes but cannot shop or prepare meals for themselves. Our network of drivers, social workers, nutritionists, community partners, volunteers, donors, and advocates are a formidable force against senior neglect and malnutrition. We believe in delivering more than a meal – we are nourishing the whole person.
As the largest provider of home-delivered meals in the city, MOWSF delivers more than one million meals annually to more than 3,000 seniors in every neighborhood of San Francisco. We have grown a robust volunteer program and provide a wide variety of volunteer opportunities. Each year more than 3,500 volunteers support our work, providing companionship to our senior clients, supporting seniors with urgent needs and deliveries, running errands for clients and helping out with houselhold projects, and volunteering their time, skills, and personalities to expand the reach and impact of our programs and operations. Recently we’ve expanded our volunteer grocery and meal delivery programs to include more community support.
The Manager of Corporate and Community Volunteer Initiatives manages all MOWSF event volunteer opportunities, corporate and community volunteer programs, and all that encompasses. Additionally, s/he plays a supportive role in growing the Volunteer Department — bringing new volunteer resources into the agency by working closely with the Director of Volunteers to identify, conceptualize, develop, pilot, and transition exciting new volunteer initiatives and programs. The Manager of Corporate and Community Volunteer Initiatives reports to the Director of Volunteers and works closely with the Manager of Volunteer Programs, Development Department and Communications Team.
Duties and Responsibilities
Manage Volunteer Delivery Programs
- Manage the Home Deliverd Groceries (HDG) program, which we run in collaboration with the SF-Marin Food Bank. Currently this is a Wednesday morning (with some responsibility on Thursdays) program in which you would be managing group grocery assembly volunteers, as well as regular delivery volunteers. Duties also include working in cooporation with the SF-Marin Food Bank on new intakes, routing, data management and making back-up deliveries when necessary.
- Support the SRO-Tech Matchup program, as it is being piloted and implemented. Work closely with the Director of Volunteers to expand this brand new program to bring tech and community volunteers into the 208 Single Room Occupancy (SRO) hotels and other low-income buildings where our seniors live throughout the city.
Manage Event and Group Volunteer Programs
- Staff and manage all MOWSF event and group volunteer opportunities, including the annual Gala, Thanksgiving, special events, and disaster kit delivery, grocery assembly, holiday and other group opportunities
- Be attentive and respectful of all new community and corporate inquiries
- Develop and implement effective volunteer, recruitment, training and retention strategies
- Communicate regularly with Good Neighbor volunteers and Manager of Good Neighbor Program
- Provide creative and energetic direction to volunteers at all stages of their involvement with MOWSF
- Maintain updated and effective recordkeeping and data management systems
- Provide regular reports on community and delivery volunteer programs to the Director of Volunteers, Chief Executive Officer, Grant Writer, and other staff
- Help strategize a volunteer recruitment and retention strategy for the HDG program, including the implementation of a successfull back-up system for delivery volunteers.
- In cooperation with the Director of Volunteers and Manager of Volunteers Programs, help with individual recruitment efforts for all MOWSF programs
- Enthusiastically represent MOWSF and our volunteer programs to the community and share our vision of MOWSF as a community-based, community-supported organization with existing and prospective partners and participants
- Work with other Volunteer Department staff and the Marketing and Communications team to create effective presentations and training materials, in consideration of the variety of our audiences
Volunteer Department Collaboration
- Manage volunteers and interns who provide office support for events, as well as volunteers and interns who support the development of new delivery volunteer programs and initiatives
- Assist Development Department with grants related to MOWSF volunteer programs
- Provide input and support to Communications Team around Volunteer Department communications needs, including outreach and training materials, newsletters, and online and social media communications
- 2 years of volunteer management or comparable experience
- Experience leading trainings helpful; excellent oral presentation skills required
- Must be a team player as this is crucial for the volunteer department and the various departments we work closely with
- Entrepreneurial; embraces creating and implementing new initiatives
- Demonstrated ability to identify new opportunities and leverage resources in creative ways
- Understanding of San Francisco’s neighborhoods, volunteer community, and corporate environment
- Strong understanding of and commitment to senior issues; experience working directly with seniors and/or other vulnerable populations in a professional or volunteer capacity helpful
- Experience managing staff and/or interns
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team
- Excellent communication organizational skills required
- Some experience with data management, CRMs and experience with Salesforce a plus
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including some weekends, early mornings and evenings
- Ability to work Thanksgiving and our annual Gala
- BA/BS degree
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. This is a full-time position with a generous benefits package that currently includes vacation time, sick leave, 12 paid holidays, employer-paid health care, dental, vision, and pension plan contributions by employer. Candidates should email a resume and a thoughtful cover letter to jobs<at>mowsf.org with “Manager of Corporate and Community Volunteer Initiatives” in the subject line.
Please no phone calls.