Internship Opportunities | Join Us
The primary responsibility will be soliciting new and existing community and corporate partners for in-kind donations that we may use within our Volunteer department for the following:
- Volunteer Appreciation gifts
- Home and Safety items for seniors
- Holiday gift bag items for seniors
Other responsibilities will include:
- Coordinating delivery and pick-up of donated items
- Working closely with Communications Manager to acknowledge in-kind donors on website, electronic newsletters and social media
- Working with Events and Sponsorships director on common goals
- Thanking in-kind donors for contributions by phone and email
- Keeping track of who you solicit and the result of the action
- Must be able to work 2-3 weekdays in our Bayview neighborhood office.
- Minimum of 12 hours/week total, preferably 16 hours/week for a 3-4 month commitment
- Hours can be flexible within normal business hours of 8:30 a.m.—4:30 p.m.
- Bachelors Degree or current/part-time students.
- Experience/strength/interest in one or some of the following: Business, Sales,Project
- Management, Marketing, PR, Editing, Communications, Non Profit Leadership/Management,
- Volunteerism, Corporate Relations, Development and Data Management
- Familiarity especially Excel and Google docs.
- Must pass a criminal background check
- Access to vehicle preferred (will be reimbursed for mileage and parking fees)
About Meals On Wheels of San Francisco
Meals On Wheels of San Francisco is committed to the belief that all seniors have the right to live independently with dignity and respect in their own homes for as long as it is safely possible. It is our mission to provide isolated homebound seniors in San Francisco with nutritious meals, daily human contact, and supportive services to prevent their premature institutionalization. The food, companionship, safety checks, and other support we provide are vital services for seniors who want to continue living in their own homes but cannot shop or prepare meals for themselves. Our network of drivers, social workers, nutritionists, community partners, volunteers, donors, and advocates are a formidable force against senior neglect and malnutrition. We believe in delivering more than a meal – we are nourishing the whole person.