POSITION / TITLE: Administrative Assistant
RESPONSIBLE TO: CEO
PROGRAM ADDRESS: 1375 Fairfax Avenue, San Francisco CA 94124
POSITION SUMMARY: The CEO of Meals on Wheels San Francisco seeks an experienced Administrative Assistant. The position reports to the CEO, works closely with the Board of Directors and Board Committees. A full-time position, the Administrative Assistant, manages the CEO’s calendar, correspondence, documentation and communications, and supports all working committees of the Board of Directors
ABOUT MOWSF: Meals on Wheels San Francisco and its volunteers provide seniors what they need to live independent and dignified lives — nutritious meals, professional social work and a friendly visitor. Our network of drivers, social workers, nutritionists, community partners, volunteers, donors, and advocates are a formidable force against senior neglect and malnutrition. Meals on Wheels San Francisco believes in delivering more than a meal – we are nourishing the whole person.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages CEO and Board business calendars and meetings (including gathering/reaching out to attendees to ensure attendance)
- Plans agendas, provides high quality notes, performs action follow-ups, and executes logistics for CEO and Board meetings.
- Proactively manages conflicts and solves complex scheduling issues
- Manages and processes expense reports
- Works on special projects as needed
- Strong understanding of and commitment to senior issues and Meals on Wheels’ mission
- Minimum 2 years of high level administrative work experience
- Bachelor degree preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including strong editing skills
- Highly organized with the ability to perform multiple tasks and handle changing priorities successfully with minimal direct supervision.
- Ability to be proactive and anticipate next steps
- Detail oriented
- Advanced experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint)
- Professional, personable with a can do attitude
- A sense of humor
- Discretion, diplomacy and excellent judgment
- Flexibility to work outside of normal business hours (if necessary) to accomplish business objective
SALARY / HOURS/BENEFITS: Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. This is a full-time position with a generous benefits package that currently includes 15 days accrued vacation time, sick leave, 12 paid holidays, employer-paid health care, dental, vision and life insurance and pension plan contributions by employer.
How to Apply: Online Here
- Interviews will begin immediately and continue until we fill the position.
- Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.